FIFA World Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: Manchester United superstar felt ‘provoked’ by head coach Erik Ten Hag in substitution row – check out

Rate this post

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: Cristiano Ronaldo claimed he was ‘provoked’ by disrespect from Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag when…

Cristiano Ronaldo interview: Cristiano Ronaldo claimed he was “provoked” by disrespect from Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag when he refused to come on as a substitute against Tottenham Hotspur last month. Ronaldo has been a peripheral figure on the pitch in Ten Hag’s first season in charge. Watch FIFA WC LIVE streaming on Jio Cinema & LIVE updates with Akashera.IN

In the final part of an interview with TalkTV, Ronaldo responded to criticism after he refused to come onto the pitch and left Old Trafford early during United’s 2-0 win on 19 October. “I think he did it on purpose,” Ronaldo said.

FIFA World Cup 2022: Last chance salon for Cristiano Ronaldo as Portuguese captain optimistic about team’s chance to win first World Cup in Qatar 2022 – Check Out

“I felt provoked. I don’t respect him because he doesn’t respect me.” The club responded by suspending the five-time Ballon d’Or winner until the Red Devils’ next game against Chelsea.

“I think it was a strategy from the club for me to react that way,” he added. “I was very, very, very, very disappointed with the communication from Manchester United.

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: Manchester United superstar felt ‘provoked’ by head coach Erik Ten Hag in substitute row – check out

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: Manchester United superstar felt ‘provoked’ by head coach Erik Ten Hag in substitute row – check out

“To be honest, I’ve never had a problem with any club, with any coach, and they suspended me for three days, which I felt was a lot.”

In a statement on Monday, United said they will consider the club’s response to the interview once the full facts are established. Former United captain Gary Neville said on Thursday that they now have no option but to terminate Ronaldo’s contract, which runs until the end of the season.

The 37-year-old was reportedly keen to leave the club even before the campaign began after United failed to qualify for the Champions League. Ronaldo said he rejected an offer from Saudi Arabia worth 350 million euros ($364 million) over two seasons, rejecting claims of a lack of interest from other European clubs.

“The tabloids say that nobody wanted me, which is completely wrong. I was happy here, I was motivated to do a great season here,” he said of staying at United

“But they keep repeating: ‘nobody wanted Cristiano’. How can they not have a player who last season scored 32 goals including (for) the national team.”

Ronaldo revealed he hopes to keep playing until he is 40, but is looking forward to his fifth and most likely final, the World Cup in Qatar. The tournament has been shrouded in controversy over human rights abuses in the Gulf state and claims of corruption in the bidding process.

But Ronaldo said the “focus” should be on the football for the first ever World Cup in November and December. “We should only focus on football. The competition for people to enjoy,” he added.

“I see a good tournament to be honest. Qatar, they are prepared. It will be strange to play at the beginning of the season, but also a challenge.”

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: Manchester United superstar felt ‘provoked’ by head coach Erik Ten Hag in substitute row – check out

Watch FIFA WC LIVE streaming on Jio Cinema & LIVE updates with Akashera.IN

READ  FIFA World Cup Match FIXING? Qatar vs Ecuador Match fixed requirements Regional Head of BRITISH Center Middle East Studies

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button