ICC ranked as the number 1 T20I team in the world, team India will go as favorites in the upcoming T20 World Cup. Expectations are always high with the Indian team. The last two multinational events did not go well for team India but they have shown some unreal dominance in bilateral where they have not lost a single home and away series after the T20 World Cup 2021. In this article we will see India’s bilateral series wins under Rohit Sharma as full-time captain.
- The first series India won after the T20 World Cup 2021 was against New Zealand in November 2021, where India won the three-match series 3–0 under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy as full-time captain.
- The second series won by India was against the West Indies at home. India won the series 3–0 against West Indies in February 2022.
- After the West Indies, it was Sri Lanka who visited India for a three-match T20I series, but India continued their unreal form and won the series 3-0. Shreyas Iyer was in unreal form in that series.
- India then toured to England for the white ball series where they played 3 T20Is against England and won the series 2-1 against England at their home ground. Before England, India’s second team visited Ireland and won the T20I series 2-0 under the captaincy of Hardik Pandya.
- After England, India moved to the West Indies for a 5-match T20I series where they won the series 4-1 under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma.
- After the West Indies, India played a three-match T20I series against world champions Australia at home. India lost the first match of the series but later won two in a row to seal the series 2–1.
- Continued Australia proteas visited India for another three-match T20I series and it was the second T20I series against India in India 2022 was only in June when Rishabh Pant led the Indian team where the series ended 2-2 because the last match was suspended due to rain. South Africa visited India for the second time in October for the three-match T20I series, where India won the series 2–1, and it was India’s first ever T20I series win against the Proteas in India.
Also Read: Ashwin Vs Chahal: head-to-head stats comparison in T20Is