Former New Zealand captain and one of the most destructive batsmen in the history of cricket, Brendon McCullum turned 41 on the 27th.th September 2022. McCullum is the head coach of the England Test team and he is enjoying the second phase of his career. in this article we will see some of the unique records of Brendon McCullum.
Brendon McCullum Records
- McCullum was the first New Zealand player to smash a century in the shortest format of the game. he scored the first T20I hundred for the Blackcaps.
- McCullum is also the only New Zealand player to score a century in the T20 World Cup.
- One of the records that defines McCullum is the highest number of sixes in Test cricket which is 107 by Brendon McCullum.
- Coming to Tests, McCullum also holds the record for the fastest century in Test cricket. McCullum made 100 off just 54 balls in Test cricket, which remains the fastest.
- An innings that completely changed McCullum’s life was a century in the opening match of the inaugural season of IPL in 2007. Which also makes McCullum the first centurion in IPL.
- McCullum holds the record for playing most consecutive Test matches for the Kiwis, which is 101.
- IPL’s highest individual score is 175 by Chris Gayle and the second highest is by Brendon McCullum 158*.
- McCullum also has the joint most double centuries for New Zealand in Test cricket. McCullum has 4 double hundreds in the longest format of the game.
- McCullum played test cricket his way and that is why he has many unique records in this format and one of them is having a triple century in test cricket.