T20 World Cup 2022 is all set to begin from October 16, 2022 in Australia. 12 teams form two groups and they have to fight for the T20 World Cup. The ICC has dropped the prize money for the World Cup where different amounts are sanctioned for different stages of the tournament. In this article, we will briefly see the prize money in the T20 World Cup.
T20 World Cup 2022 prize money
- The first prize goes to the winner of the tournament, which is $1.6 million. The winner of ICC World T20 2022 will receive prize money of nearly 13 crores in Indian rupees. Last time Australia won the cup and this time they are hosting the cup.
- The runner-up in the tournament or the team that loses the final gets $800,000, which is half the prize money of the winner. Last time it was New Zealand who finished as runner ups in the tournament.
- Losing semifinalists will receive $400,000, which is half the price of second place. Last year, it was Pakistan and England who lost the semi-finals of the T20 World Cup.
- Two groups form 6 teams each. And out of 6 only two will go to knockout and rest all others will leave super 12 stages with prize money of $70,000
- If a team exits the first round of qualifying, they will receive $40,000 in prize money.
- For each round one and super 12 stage win, teams will be awarded $40,000 in prize money.
Also Read: Watch T20 World 2022 Live Streaming Free
Also Read: 5 Best Apps to Watch T20 World Cup 2022 Live Streaming for FREE