In the 2022 T20 World Cup, we saw many spectacular performances with the bat. It was a World Cup to remember for many batsmen. It will be fair to say that the players who were expected to do well put up a great show in the mega event. So in this article we will see the most important batting statistics for the T20 World Cup 2022.
- Most runs – most runs in T20 World Cup 2022 have been scored by none other than the legend himself Virat Kohli who made 296 runs in 6 matches including 4 half centuries. Virat has also made it to the top of leading run scorers in T20 World Cups.
- Most fours – the most number of fours is by World No.1 T20I batsman Surya Kumar Yadav who scored 26 fours in the tournament.
- Most sixes – the highest number of sixes smashed by Zimbabwe all-rounder, Sikandar Raza, who had a fantastic tournament with both bat and ball. Raza had 11 sixes in T20 World Cup 2022.
- Best Strike Rate – T20 world cup was all about Surya Kumar Yadav and he delivered every single time. What makes him different from all other batsmen is his strike rate in T20Is which was 189.68 in this World Cup as well.
- Most fifties – it’s either SKY or Kohli in our lists and the one with the most fifties in the tournament was Virat who scored 4 half centuries in matches against Pakistan, Holland, Bangladesh and England.
- centuries – centuries are scored by only two batsmen in this World Cup. The first came from Rilee Rossouw against Bangladesh and the second was from Glenn Phillips against Sri Lanka.
- Best Average – when it comes to averages, we all know that it will be Virat Kohli who will be on top of every average stat. Virat played at an incredible average of 98.66 in T20 World Cup 2022.