Spain’s World Cup 2022 squad is expected to be named in October, with the squad for September’s Nations League games providing a hint as to who could be on the plane.
Spain’s World Cup 2022 squad: The squad for September’s Nations League matches
- GK: Unai Simon, Athletic Bilbao
- GK: Robert Sanchez, Brighton
- GK: David Raya, Brentford
- DF: Cesar Azpilicueta, Chelsea
- DF: Dani Carvajal, Real Madrid
- DF: Diego Llorente, Leeds
- DF: Eric Garcia, Barcelona
- DF: Pau Torres, Villarreal
- DF: Jordi Alba, Barcelona
- DF: Jose Luis Gaya, Valencia
- DF: Hugo Guillamon, Valencia
- MF: Sergio Busquets, Barcelona
- MF: Rodri, Manchester City
- MF: Gavi, Barcelona
- MF: Pedri, Barcelona
- MF: Carlos Soler, PSG
- MF: Koke, Atletico Madrid
- MF: Marcos Llorente, Atletico Madrid
- FW: Pablo Sarabia, PSG
- FW: Nico Williams, Athletic Bilbao
- FW: Marco Asensio, Real Madrid
- FW: Alvaro Morata, Atletico Madrid
- FW: Ferran Torres, Barcelona
- FW: Yeremy Pino, Villarreal
- FW: Borja Iglesias, Real Betis
How many players can Spain take to the 2022 World Cup?
National managers were allowed to take 26 players to last summer’s European Championship for the first time at a major tournament, as a special measure brought in because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it has been announced that 26-man squads will return to the Qatar World Cup, an expansion from the usual 23-man squads.
When will the final Spain 2022 World Cup squad be announced?
WC 2022 takes place from 21 November – 18 December 2022.
While the running of the next World Cup is a break from the traditional football calendar, the World Cup teams are usually announced around six weeks before the start of the tournament.
This may change as club football is played closer to the start date of the tournament.