Germany’s World Cup 2022 squad is expected to be named in October, and the squad for September’s Nations League games offers a hint as to who could be on the plane.
Germany face Hungary and England this month as their preparation for the showpiece event in Qatar continues.
Back in June, Germany recorded three consecutive 1-1 draws against their three Nations League opponents before beating Italy 5-2 in their last game.
Germany’s World Cup 2022 squad: The squad for the September Nations League matches
- GK: Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich
- GK: Kevin Trapp, Eintracht Frankfurt
- GK: Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Barcelona
- DF: Thilo Kehrer, West Ham
- DF: Niklas Sule, Borussia Dortmund
- DF: Benjamin Henrichs, RB Leipzig
- DF: David Raum, RB Leipzig
- DF: Antonio Rudiger, Real Madrid
- DF: Nico Schlotterbeck, Borussia Dortmund
- DF: Matthias Ginter, Freiburg
- DF: Robin Gosens, Inter Milan
- DF: Armel Bella-Kotchap, Southampton
- MF: Joshua Kimmich, Bayern Munich
- MF: Jonas Hofmann, Borussia Monchengladbach
- MF: Julian Brandt, Borussia Dortmund
- MF: Leon Goretzka, Bayern Munich
- MF: Ilkay Gundogan, Manchester City
- MF: Kai Havertz, Chelsea
- MF: Jamal Musiala, Bayern Munich
- FW: Lukas Nmecha, Wolfsburg
- FW: Timo Werner, RB Leipzig
- FW: Leroy Sane, Bayern Munich
- FW: Thomas Muller, Bayern Munich
- FW: Serge Gnabry, Bayern Munich
How many players can Germany take to the 2022 World Cup?
National managers were allowed to take 26 players to last summer’s European Championship for the first time at a major tournament, as a special measure brought in because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it has been announced that 26-man squads will return to the Qatar World Cup, an expansion from the usual 23-man squads.
When will the final Germany World Cup 2022 squad be announced?
WC 2022 takes place from 21 November – 18 December 2022.
While the running of the next World Cup is a break from the traditional football calendar, the World Cup teams are usually announced around six weeks before the start of the tournament.
This may change as club football is played closer to the start date of the tournament.