FIFA World Cup

FIFA World Cup: Lionel Messi DECLARES after shock loss to Saudi Arabia – Check out

Rate this post

FIFA World Cup: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Lionel Messi lamented Argentina’s shock second-half capitulation against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, but said he…

FIFA World Cup: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Lionel Messi lamented Argentina’s shock second-half capitulation against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday but said he was not surprised by the threat from opponents 48 places lower in the world rankings. Follow FIFA World Cup 2022 LIVE updates with Akashera.IN.

Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Lionel Messi LEADS Cristiano Ronaldo’s tally of SEVEN World Cup goals against Saudi Arabia – Check Out

FIFA World Cup: Lionel Messi DECLARES after shock loss to Saudi Arabia, says ‘Five minutes of mistakes we made, we went down 2-1’ – Check Out

“It’s a situation that this group of players has never been through, it’s been a while since we’ve suffered such a hard blow, we didn’t expect to start like this,” Messi told the Argentine media after the 2-1 defeat in Group C.

At the start of his fifth World Cup, Messi had opened the scoring with a 10th-minute penalty and Argentina had three goals disallowed for offside in a free-flowing first half.

But in the second half, “After five minutes of mistakes we made, we went down 2-1 and then it was really tough and we lost our organization and started hitting the ball,” he said in comments broadcast by Todo Noticias.

Messi said his side knew Saudi Arabia, despite being the second-lowest ranked team in the tournament, could hurt them. “We knew they were a team that would play if we let them… They didn’t surprise us, we knew they could do it.”

Argentina must now focus on beating Mexico and Poland in their next group stage in pursuit of the only major title that has eluded Messi in his otherwise glittering career.

“Of course we have to win or win now. It’s up to us to fix what we did wrong and get back to the basics of who we are,” said Messi, whose side had been on a 36-match unbeaten run prior to the shock result at the Lusail Stadium in Qatar.

“We are OK, of course hurt by the result, very bitter. But people have to trust that this team will not let them down and we will go for it in the next two games. We have played games of this nature before and we will perform well. “Now is the time to be more united than ever, to show how truly strong we are.”

FIFA World Cup: Lionel Messi DECLARES after shock loss to Saudi Arabia, says ‘Five minutes of mistakes we made, we went down 2-1’ – Check Out

Follow Akashera on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow FIFA World Cup 2022 LIVE updates with Akashera.IN.

READ  Lautaro Martinez Transfer: Manchester United UPS their interest in Inter Milan Striker, United to COMPETE with PSG

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button