The T20 world cup 2022 kicks off with a blockbuster as last year’s finalists New Zealand and Australia meet each other in the first match of the super 12 stage. They are both in Group 1 and it will be an exciting match as New Zealand will be looking to take revenge for last year’s final in T20 World Cup 2021. So here are the head-to-head statistics of Australia vs New Zealand.
- Matches played – Blackcaps and Aussies have played 15 T20Is so far. They first played in 2005 and last was the final of the 2021 T20 World Cup.
- won matches – out of 15 Australia have won 10 while New Zealand have only won 4 with one being a draw. Australia have the upper hand over the Kiwis in the T20Is.
- Most runs – most runs in New Zealand vs Australia T20Is is by none other than Kiwi opener Martin Guptill and for Australia it is Aaron Finch who has most runs against New Zealand in T20Is. Guptill has 463 and Finch has 256 so far.
- Most fifties – one record of most fifties is also after Martin Guptill’s name because he has 3 half centuries against Australia.
- Most Sixes – Kiwi opener Martin Guptill has dominated this list because he has 29 sixes in Australia-New Zealand T20Is. Second is Brendon McCullum and third is Australian captain Aaron Finch.
- Most wickets – it is Ish Sodhi of New Zealand who has 16 wickets against Australia in T20Is, the highest by a Kiwi player. For Australia it is Ashton Agar who has 13 so far.